EmailDirect is a rapidly growing ESP that is seeking a mid-tier to senior level System Administrator to help manage and grow our infrastructure to keep pace with our extremely driven developers. This position will require you to be innovative, flexible and determined to insure our future growth continues and all systems stay available and responsive. Some of the responsibilities will be:
- Maintaining existing servers, backup systems, printers and storage devices.
- Be proactive in monitoring and optimizing all systems and network stacks to ensure availability and growth
- Working with our development team to deploy applications, operating in both staging and production environments
- Working with our internal network, file system and phone systems in order to meet the demand of increasing number of employees and business processes.
- Troubleshoot internal network problems and communicating with our support staff to help solve higher level I.T. based problems.
- Work with third-party vendors and data center NOC engineers to help maintain and grow our datacenter infrastructures.
- Manage and help deploy systems to cloud base vendors and provide input on system development when working within the cloud
- Coordinating and communicating with managers, support and third-party vendors during DR planning, disasters and un-scheduled outages.
- Coordinate hardware and software upgrades, and recommend new technologies to improve system security and monitoring.
- After hours availability to respond to critical outages and or scheduled maintenance's
Skills & Requirements
- Ability to physically lift and relocate servers and network components and make necessary path cable changes unassisted.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of DELL powerEdge and PowerConnect Systems
- Experience with Windows 2008 R2, SQL, IIS, DNS and Active Directory
- Knowledge of cloud based computing preferably Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- PowerShell and or equivalent scripting language to automate tasks (C# or VB.NET a plus)
- Know how to configure and manage Firewall and router appliances such as SonicWall or WatchGuard
EmailDirect.com is looking for a mid-to-senior level system administrator for full time within its Rancho Cordova headquarters. Travel may include Sacramento, and the Bay Area.
EmailDirect is a fast pace young company that plays hard and works harder.? This job is not a 9-5 job, and with that comes perks!
view all job listings
view all EmailDirect.com job listings
posted 3 hours ago