Clarksville, TN ? The weekly Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department Recreation Report provides Clarksvillians with a glimpse at the activities and events that are available from the Parks and Recreation Department for them to enjoy together as a family.
This weeks highlights include:
- Aqua Zumba instructor wanted
- School is out, come play!
- Diabetes Awareness Expo
- Young Champions Cheerleading
- Christmas on the Cumberland Activities Scheduled
- Heritage Park Skatepark temporarily closed
Aqua Zumba instructor wanted
The Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an instructor for the Aqua Zumba class at the Indoor Aquatic Center at New Providence.
This position requires proof of Aqua Zumba certification. Anyone interested in this position should apply at the Parks and Recreation Main Office, located at 102 Public Square. The current scheduled Aqua Zumba classes will be cancelled until further notice.
For more details on Aquatic programming, please contact the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Office at 931.645.7476 or visit recpro.cityofclarksville.com.
School is out, come play!
The City of Clarksville?s three community centers and the Indoor Aquatic Center will adjust their hours of operation Monday, November 12th to accommodate students in the Clarksville-Montgomery County School System and their holiday schedule.
The Kleeman, Crow and Burt-Cobb Community Centers will be open from 10:00am to 7:00pm. Kids can have fun in the gym, racquetball court, game room, or computer lab, depending on which center they choose to visit.
The Indoor Aquatic Center at New Providence, located at 166 Cunningham Lane, will be open from 7:00am to 8:00pm. The inflatable obstacle course, ?The Aqua Run Wibit,? and the ?AquaClimb? climbing wall will be available. Wristbands are required for access to these features. Cost of wristbands is $2.00 for all day access.
Additionally the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Main Office, located at 102 Public Square, will be closed Monday, November 12th, Thursday, November 22nd and Friday, November 23rd in observance of Veterans Day as well as Thanksgiving.
Diabetes Awareness Expo
The Kleeman Community Center, located at 166 Cunningham Lane, is excited to host a Diabetes Awareness Expo on Monday, November 19th from noon to 6:00pm. If you or someone you know is living with this disease and wanted to find out more about it- here?s your chance! For more information, contact the Kleeman Center at 931.647.3071.
Young Champions Cheerleading
This affordable program emphasizes in building self-esteem in youth, ages 4 to 17. Classes meet every Monday at the Crow Center from 6:00pm to 7:00pm (Ages 4-9) and 7:00pm to 8:00pm (Ages 10-15). The cost is $7.00/class and a non-refundable registration fee of $7.00. A Center ID card is also required. Cost is $5.00 and is good for an entire year, at all three centers. For more info, call Melissa Hogan at 888.245.7469.
Christmas on the Cumberland Activities Scheduled
The Christmas on the Cumberland Grand Opening Celebration is set for November 20th at McGregor Park. Join us at 6:30pm to watch the entire RiverWalk come to life with over one million lights! This popular Christmas on the Cumberland walk-through event will be open through January 5th. Event hours are 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday through Thursday and 5:00pm-11:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Mark your calendars to visit with Santa beginning at 5:00pm and for free activities from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, November 23rd to write letters to Santa and on November 24th to decorate your own ornament. Children of all ages are sure to love Christmas on the Cumberland. For more information, visit www.cityofclarksville.com
Heritage Park Skatepark temporarily closed
The Skatepark located at Heritage Park will be closed now thru November 30th to conduct maintenance. It will return to its normal operating hours December 1st.
TopicsAqua Zumba, AquaClimb, Burt-Cobb Community Center, Christmas, Christmas on the Cumberland, Clarksville Montgomery County School System, Clarksville Parks and Recreation, Clarksville TN, CMCSS, Crow Community Center, Cunningham Lane, diabetes, Diabetes Awareness, Heritage Park, Heritage park Skatepark, Indoor Aquatic Center, Kleemand Community Center, McGregor Park, Melissa Hogan, New Providence, Public Square, Registration, Riverwalk, Thanksgiving, The Aqua Run Wibit, Young Champions Cheerleading
- Clarksville Civil War Roundtable's next meeting is November 14th, 2012 November 11th, 2012
- Tennesse Bureau of Investigation on Scene After Man is Killed in Clarksville Police Officer Involved Shooting November 10th, 2012
- Tennessee Gun Season for Deer opens November 17th November 10th, 2012
- Austin Peay Lady Govs Volleyball skills clinic a success November 10th, 2012
- Thanksgiving meals for the Wounded Warriors in need of Turkey Donations November 10th, 2012
- Austin Peay Lady Govs Volleyball drops last game of the season to Morehead State November 10th, 2012
- "The Giver" hits the stage November 14th-17th at the Roxy Regional Theatre November 10th, 2012
- Planters Bank announces Partnership with Inova Payroll November 10th, 2012
- Austin Peay State University Center of Excellence seeking 2013 Ovation Award nominees November 10th, 2012
- Austin Peay Governors Basketball gets season opening win against Samford 75-64 November 9th, 2012