Merry Christmas. You made it through all 12 of our holiday drinks. Hopefully these recipes from a dozen area restaurants and bars made your holidays a bit more merry and bright.
For our final drink recipe, we mixed La Jolla history with a Christmas spice
La Valencia Hotel's La?Rue?dolph?is a special holiday twist on its famous house specialty drink?The Whaler. The name of this festive cocktail gives a nod to the Caf??La?Rue, which is the dining area adjacent to the Whaling Bar.
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 shot brandy
- 1 shot Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 cinnamon Stick
- 1 candy cane?crushed for rimming the glass
- Dampen the rim of a snifter and dip into the crushed Candy Cane.
- Combine Eggnog, Brandy, Amaretto, and Ice Cream in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the snifter and sprinkle with Nutmeg.
- Garnish with a Cinnamon Stick.